Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Blog Book review

I finished reading Blog last night by Hugh Hewitt. He inspired me to do this, of course. I picked it up while on business when I finished my other book early. I was interested but not sure I wanted to buy it. I like books and my wife would like another bookshelf before cramming more books in.
The book is good. It captured Hewitt's enthusiasm for blogs well. That was the downside to the book though. I already knew he liked blogs and why. I listen to his show as often as I can and he has talked about this constantly. But I will give the book to some friends of mine who haven't heard about blogs before. The impact may be greater there. The book inspired me to continue writing so I am sure Hugh will be happy with that.
I don't see how you could be reading this and not have understood the power of blogs but I will give it a summary of Hewitt's book.
The Future is Blog.
There will always be new influences, ideas and communication tools but this is the latest and most powerful. People's desire for info appears to be endless (I have some theories as to why) and blogging allows people to interact with one another on a new level. Experts and enthusiasts write what they know and people read it and build on. There are no filters or gatekeepers. The info you want is out there. You can add to it.
I have always wanted to start a school. This will be a good teaching tool. I plan to find a way to make it work.
Hugh Hewitt's book is worth reading.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Hey Mike this is Morris. Congratulations on your Blog. I haven't read Blog by Hugh Hewitt. Though I agree with Hugh Hewitt on some things I generally don't care for him. To me, he is little more than a yes-man for the Republican party, which annoys me.

    There is a Congressman here in southern California (David Drier - R) who incurred the wrath of Hugh Hewitt's radio competition (The John and Ken Show, which airs on another station) because Drier talked tough on illegal immigration but has a horrible record when it came to voting for measures to strengthen the border. Anyway, John and Ken devoted the election season to getting Drier ousted, by trying to rally people around the fact that Drier was a hypocrite and he was worth the sacrifice to wake up the Republican party to address the illigal immigration problem, especially here in southern California.

    Anyway, while John and Ken slammed Drier, Hugh Hewitt praised him up one side and down the other. I think he was a frequest guest on Hugh's show. Ultimately, Drier kept his seat. Hugh made fun of John and Ken calling them losers or whatever and John and Ken claimed a small victory because Drier won by the smallest margin of any incumbent in California.

    Though I was a little tired of him already, that episode left me with a bad taste for Hugh Hewitt. Plus, he makes ridiculous sports predictions and I think he hates LA, which I love.

    Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am in no mood to defend Hewitt since I can't think of anything to say. I like Hugh and I like David Drier. I heard him claim he has been on more Mondays than Hugh has.

    I don't know if he hates LA. He says in his book that everyone should live there for a while. As well as New York and DC, which he has.

    ReplyDelete