Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gas Price Investigation

Terry Goddard wants to begin investigation into high prices and gouging. Silly man, there is no suh thing as gouging. Price controls mean shortages. If something is cheap than people buy a lot. The cause of shortages is bad legislation. Poor government has created the problem. More ill government will not solve it.

Great column on opinionjournal.com about prices and the messed up republicans
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008286

We need to reduce gas taxes, open more drilling and build more refineries and eliminate the EPA to get rid of high prices.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Hey Mike,

    I ran across this article at The American Thinker which is partly about gas prices:

    http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5458

    I only offer this becasue I don't know if you have looked at americanthinker.com and thought you might enjoy it.

    On an unrelated note, today is supposed to be a "day without an immigrant" in LA. Traffic was a breeze this morning. I loved it. In fact, I saved so much time that if I had a lawn I could have mowed it before I came to work.

    Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. good article
    this made me laugh out loud
    "...committed the United States to attempt the thankless job of bringing the light of democratic capitalism to the region of the world that ocean navigation was invented to avoid: the Islamic Middle East."

    Traffic seemed a little lighter today. Wasn't sure. Illegals joining the lot of communists and pagans enjoying May Day.

    ReplyDelete